Use this Application when the health department lets you know you are ready
for your contract
Use this Application FIRST
YOU HAVE 4 months from date of deposit to complete the process and start production or loose your reserved space. Make sure you are working simultaneously with the Health Dept while waiting for your OMMA licenses.
1. Create your business; business registration, sales tax, name and logo, etc.
2. Read the regulatory guidance from the Oklahoma City County Health Department
3. Complete the Commercial License application checklist for the OMMA.
4. Fill out the 1st application to reserve space in the kitchen and use the address for the OMMA processors license. When you receive your email invoice, pay the $500 Holding /Processing Fee to be able to use our facility address on your OMMA Application.
This fee is 50% refundable when requested in writing, if you do not become licensed within 100 days of payment .
5. Apply for your OMMA processors license
Once you submit your OMMA application Start you Pre-operational Document with the health department. #7
6. Once you receive your OMMA license - Apply for your OBN Permit -
7. Email the health inspector the following information:
Oklahoma City/County Health Department
Food Manufacturers & Caterers
a. Completed the pre-operational document for the health dept
(IMPORTANT!! List SKOK in any facility questions)
b. Sales Tax permit
c. Labels if applicable
d. Provide brief summary of where you are in getting started
e. List your questions
f. Request time frame
example: Name name is John Smith with ABC Cannabis Cookie Company, I want to make edibles to sell to dispensaries. I have my sales tax permit, pre-operational document, label design ready for approval and am interested in using SKOK as my production facility.
I have a few questions: Can I take orders for my cookies on a website then deliver to store? I would like to be producing by in three weeks, is that possible?
Please respond with any additional tasks I need to complete before scheduling a time to obtain my license.
Thank you for your time.
Attached is my sales tax permit, label layout and pre-operational document for approval
7. Obtain Product Liability Insurance – SKOK must be listed as additional insured and you must list a mailing address different than the facility address for your mail to be sent. Product Liability is required! Spoilage, Loss or any other insurance is suggested but not required.
9. Read Rules and Policies page and Submit the I agree button at the bottom of the page
10. When you are complete with the following : Contact us to schedule a time to sign your contract
1. OMMA processor license and OBDN license
2. OCCHD is ready to license you
3. You have insurance with SKOK listed as additional insured
11. Meet with your OCCHD inspector to obtain your license.
12. Pay your OCCHD license
13. Obtain your City License
14. Display your OCCHD license in kitchen on your storage cabinet or rack
15. Schedule your time on the online calendar
16. Start production